In 1926, Mrs. Hazle Buck Ewing, a trustee of the The Principia, envisioned a school of international relations as part of Principia's educational purposes. She wanted Principians to: have a deeper understanding of world cultures, apply the Golden Rule in international affairs, and help to bring peace to our world. Mrs. Ewing then gave Lower School teachers a birch bark canoe for their Native American unit. Student interest in this topic increased greatly, causing teachers to request objects from other cultures. Today we have over 10,000 items in our collection, primarily donated by alumni and friends.
The Flag Collection
Flags are available for loan or for display on either Principia campus from the ‘Principia Collections’ on the Principia College campus. Please use the Flag Request Form for requesting flags.
Contact: Jayne Stanley, Collections Manager
Location: School of Nations Building, Basement